Peach cobbler is a timeless and beloved dessert, but have you ever considered giving it a superfood makeover? In this recipe blog post, we'll explore how to create a delightful blue spirulina peach cobbler that combines the familiar flavors of juicy peaches with the nutritional benefits of blue spirulina. Get ready to indulge in a vibrant, antioxidant-rich treat that will leave your taste buds satisfied and your body nourished.
For the filling:
- 6 to 8 fresh peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
For the topping:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup blue spirulina powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1/4 cup milk (any type)
Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the sliced peaches, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and cornstarch. Toss the mixture gently until the peaches are evenly coated. Set the bowl aside and allow the flavors to meld together for about 10 minutes.
In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, blue spirulina powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the cold, cubed butter to the dry mixture and use a pastry cutter or your fingers to incorporate it until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Pour in the milk and stir until the dough comes together. Be careful not to overmix; the dough should be slightly sticky.
Transfer the peach filling into the greased baking dish, spreading it out evenly. Drop spoonfuls of the blue spirulina dough on top of the peaches, covering them as much as possible.
Bake the cobbler in the preheated oven for approximately 35 to 40 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the peach filling is bubbling around the edges.
Remove the cobbler from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream for an extra indulgence.
Enjoy this vibrant and nutritious blue spirulina peach cobbler as a delightful dessert or a satisfying snack.
- You can use either fresh or frozen peaches for this recipe. If using frozen peaches, thaw them completely and drain any excess liquid before adding the other ingredients.
- Adjust the amount of sugar according to the sweetness of the peaches and your personal preference.
- Blue spirulina powder can be found in health food stores or online. Ensure that you're using a high-quality, food-grade product for best results.
- Feel free to experiment with other fruits, such as berries or apples, to create different variations of this cobbler.
Conclusion: With this blue spirulina peach cobbler recipe, you can indulge in a classic dessert while reaping the added benefits of antioxidants and essential nutrients from blue spirulina. This vibrant twist on a beloved favorite is sure to impress your friends and family, making it the perfect treat for any occasion. So go ahead and enjoy the delightful combination of fresh peaches and the goodness of blue spirulina in this mouth