If you're looking for a fun and nutritious breakfast option, try this Blue Spirulina Overnight Oats recipe. The vibrant blue color comes from blue spirulina powder, which is also packed with antioxidants and other beneficial nutrients. This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and can be customized to suit your taste preferences.
- 1 cup rolled oats (use gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1/2 cup plain vegan yogurt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or other sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon blue spirulina powder
- Optional toppings: sliced banana, fresh berries, shredded coconut, chopped nuts
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, almond milk, vegan yogurt, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined.
- Add the blue spirulina powder and stir until the mixture is evenly tinted with blue color.
- Cover the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- In the morning, give the oats a good stir and add more milk if necessary to reach your desired consistency.
- Top with sliced banana, fresh berries, shredded coconut, chopped nuts, or other toppings of your choice.
- If you don't have blue spirulina powder, you can use regular spirulina powder or omit it altogether. The oats will still be delicious and nutritious!
- You can adjust the sweetness level to suit your taste preferences. Add more or less maple syrup or other sweetener as desired.
- Feel free to experiment with different toppings, such as chia seeds, hemp seeds, or dried fruit.
- This recipe can be doubled or tripled to make multiple servings at once.
In conclusion, this Blue Spirulina Overnight Oats recipe is a fun and nutritious way to start your day. The oats are packed with fiber and protein, while the blue spirulina adds a vibrant pop of color and beneficial nutrients. It's also vegan, gluten-free, and can be customized to suit your taste preferences. Give it a try and enjoy a delicious and nutritious breakfast!