Blue spirulina is a popular superfood that is known for its vibrant blue-green color and high nutritional value. It is a rich source of protein, vitamins, and minerals, making it a healthy ingredient to incorporate into your diet. In this blog post, we will share a delicious blue spirulina cheesecake recipe that is easy to make and packed with nutrients.
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 24 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon of blue spirulina powder
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup of blueberry jam
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter until well combined.
Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Use the bottom of a measuring cup to press the mixture down evenly.
Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then remove it from the oven and let it cool.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract together until smooth.
Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Add the heavy cream and blue spirulina powder and beat until well combined.
Pour the mixture over the crust and smooth out the top with a spatula.
Bake the cheesecake for 45-50 minutes, or until the edges are set and the center is slightly jiggly.
Turn off the oven and let the cheesecake cool inside for 10-15 minutes.
Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool completely before refrigerating for at least 2 hours.
In a small saucepan, heat the blueberry jam over low heat until it becomes runny.
Pour the jam over the cheesecake and top with fresh blueberries.
Serve chilled and enjoy!
- To get a smooth and creamy cheesecake, make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before starting.
- Be sure to use a high-quality blue spirulina powder to get the best flavor and color in your cheesecake.
- For a firmer cheesecake, you can increase the baking time by 5-10 minutes.
- You can also experiment with different toppings, such as whipped cream, caramel sauce, or fresh fruit.
Benefits of Blue Spirulina Cheesecake:
Nutritional Value: Blue spirulina is a superfood that is rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals, making it a healthy ingredient to incorporate into your diet. By using blue spirulina powder in your cheesecake, you are adding a nutritious boost to your dessert.
Antioxidants: Blueberries are a rich source of antioxidants, which help to protect the body from damage caused by free radicals. By adding fresh blueberries to your blue spirulina cheesecake, you are increasing its antioxidant content.
Delicious Flavor: Despite its vibrant color, blue spirulina has a mild and pleasant taste that pairs well with cream cheese and vanilla. The result is a delicious and unique cheesecake that is sure to impress your friends and family.
Eye-Catching Appearance: The blue-green color of blue spirulina is eye-catching and beautiful, making your cheesecake a stunning centerpiece